[Dovecot] Disallow folder delete

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Tue May 20 05:59:51 EEST 2008

On Monday, May 19, 2008 9:43 PM -0400 Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at Media-Brokers.com> wrote:

> Thats pretty drastic - I'd have a rebellion on my hands if I tried that
> here.

The userbase is small, and I'd even be willing to set this up for one user
were that to happen. Most users aren't that sophisticated and aren't
creating folders in the first place. (Their inboxes tend to be horribly
huge because of it.)

>> I'm using 1.2.rc15 from CentOS 5 (RHEL5 equivalent).
>
> Actually, that would be 1.0rc15 - and it is way old, time to upgrade...
> atrpms.net has current versions...

How hard is the upgrade? Just install the new RPM, or is there any
configuration to update? (I'm currently using a pretty stock installation
that uses mbox in /var/spool/mail (for inbox) and /home/user/mail.

I did see 1.0.13 in Rawhide, so I figure I'd just grab the SRPM and
build/package against the RHEL libraries.