[Dovecot] Dovecot or postfix Quota

Alexander Prinsier dovecot at aphexer.mailhaven.com
Thu May 22 01:05:14 EEST 2008

Hello,

First of all, postfix doesn't support quota's by default. There is the
quota patch of course. But there is a reason that it isn't included by
default. (but I'm not sure what the exact reason is, if it's not the one
below).

Secondly, how do you define the quota of a mailbox? There are many ways
to do that. (Filesystem quota's, Maildir++ quota, and probably other
ways). Do you think it's the mail 'routing' system's job to know all
these different implementations?

Instead I think it's a cleaner (and more logical) way to let the mail
delivery agent take care of this, hence by deliver from dovecot.

Alexander