[Dovecot] Dovecot or postfix Quota

Johannes Berg johannes at sipsolutions.net
Thu May 22 01:07:54 EEST 2008

> Instead I think it's a cleaner (and more logical) way to let the mail
> delivery agent take care of this, hence by deliver from dovecot.

Any self-respecting mail administrator should avoid sending bounces like
the plague, hence the need to check whatever you possibly can during the
smtp transaction. Quota certainly ought to be checkable, and if you then
accept a few mails too many due to race conditions I guess you don't
really care.

johannes