[Dovecot] antispam plugin problem

Eugene genie at geniechka.ru
Sat Nov 1 13:57:47 EET 2008

Hi Johannes,

> > This is the captured output of forked process
> > Oct 26 02:37:12 qsar imap: antispam: dspam returned: ^APdata stack: Out
> > of
> > memory when allocating 1073741840 bytes
>
> > If I understand correctly, this message is produced by dovecot before it
> > should have launched dspam executable. I don't know why it needs 1GB  of
> > stack space for that. Changing dspam to dspamc does not help.
> >
> > Interestingly enough, launching 'sendmail' in mailtrain mode works ok.
> >
> > Do you have any ideas about what is wrong?

> No, no idea, this is strange. Can you make dovecot dump a stack trace at
> that point?

No problem with that, but how do I do it?  (I am not that much of a Unix
programmer).

Just a wild idea: only the handling of standard file descriptors seems to be
different between dspam-exec and mailtrain modes. Might something be wrong
with a series of fdup and close calls for dspam-exec?

Best wishes
Eugene