[Dovecot] imap processes eating IO

Ryan Rawdon ryan at u13.net
Sun Nov 2 04:44:42 EET 2008

Ryan Rawdon wrote:

> Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> I wish it was that simple, but I am currently using maildir++ for
>>> quota and did not see this behavior on the previous system which had
>>> the same hardware as the new one.
>>>

>> What Dovecot version? Did it change during the move?
>>

> Yes, 1.0.5 --> 1.0.10

Today I got past this problem, I figured I would share.  Unfortunately I
don't know what the exact cause.

This mail server has been running on Ubuntu Hardy this whole time.
Today I looked at Intrepid's repositories and saw that it has Dovecot
1.1.4.  I upgraded Dovecot and its dependencies from the Intrepid
repositories and this problem disappeared with no extra effort needed.

Hopefully this helps someone,
Ryan