[Dovecot] feature request for managesieve build from packager

seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org seriv at parkheights.dyndns.org
Sun Nov 2 05:26:50 EET 2008

Hi everybody,
dovecot-1.2 alpha3 with cmusieve, libsieve and managesieve are available as rpm packages for Sisyphus repository (http://ftp.altlinux.org/pub/distributions/ALTLinux/Sisyphus, and specs/patches are available at http://git.altlinux.org/people/seriv/packages/?p=dovecot.git and http://git.altlinux.org/people/seriv/packages/?p=dovecot-sieve.git). Thank you very much Timo and Stephan!

I have a feature-request for managesieve configure and Makefiles: they depend on dovecot sources as they are used for build process.
I think it would be very nice to have not just --with-dovecot parameter in configure parameters, but also --with-dovecot-includes and --with-dovecot-libs.

The same about cmusieve plugin: dovecot has --enable-header-install parameter, but installed headers are not sufficient for building cmusieve, I need install libraries and then modify cmusieve's Makefiles by running something like:
---
for f in `find . -name Makefile`
do
    mv -f $f $f.orig
    sed -e's/\$(dovecotdir)\/src\(\/lib\/.*\.a\)/\$(libdir)\/dovecot\/modules\1/g' \
        < $f.orig > $f
done
---
before make in %build section.