[Dovecot] MasterUser and old rev of Dovecot (0.99.14)

Tue Nov 4 16:23:18 EET 2008

On 11/4/2008 8:29 AM, Christopher Alexander wrote:

> I need to migrate an old mail server running Dovecot (0.99.14) to a new
> server running Dovecot (1.0.7; as shipped with CentOS 5.2).

I would *strongly* urge you to go ahead and use the latest version
(currently 1.1.6) available at atrpms.net...

> My plan was to use the imapsync utility as this will "seamlessly" do the
> conversion from mbox to maildir between the boxes as well.
>
> I've got the MasterUser authentication working fine on the new host and
> was just about to start getting MasterUsers working on the old host.
>
> I noticed that the old .99 version dovecot.conf seems to have a mildly
> different syntax from 1.0 dovecot.conf. In particular a lot of the
> directives do not use braces and such.
>
> Is the .99 dovecot.conf file essentially able to deal with the same sort
> of syntax as outlined in the MasterUsers wiki page? [
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers ]
>
> I just wanted to bounce this off you guys before I started messing with
> a live system. ;)

I would also strongly encourage you to start with a fresh, clean config
file, and carefully read the update pages on the wiki:

http://wiki.dovecot.org/Upgrading?action=show&redirect=UpgradingDovecot

--

Best regards,

Charles