[Dovecot] v1.1.6 released

Brian Hayden bhayden at umn.edu
Wed Nov 19 22:29:09 EET 2008

On Nov 19 2008, Adam McDougall wrote:

>Just wanted to mention that 1.1.6 seems fine so far in our testing, and
>I think the lack of reported problems on the mailing list is probably a
>very good sign!

We're running 1.1.4 in production on one machine, and have tried 1.1.5. and
1.1.6 in our test environment... all three still sometimes have the "next
message unexpectedly lost" error logged. This happens only for Outlook
users, and corresponds to the user seeing a message with no subject or body
in Outlook's list.

Other clients see the message fine. Effective workarounds:

1. Delete index files.
2. Have the user use a client such as Pine to "bounce" the message, or
reply to it, or etc. After this Outlook can display it. We've sort of
inferred that this is due to the fact that it's technically a "new" message
now, as it is rewritten to add the appropriate header fields.

I sent in a bug report with dovecot -n output and etc a couple of weeks
ago; that info still holds.

-Brian Hayden
University of Minnesota

--