[Dovecot] v1.1.6 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Nov 20 02:47:39 EET 2008

On Nov 19, 2008, at 10:29 PM, Brian Hayden wrote:

> On Nov 19 2008, Adam McDougall wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to mention that 1.1.6 seems fine so far in our testing,
>> and I think the lack of reported problems on the mailing list is
>> probably a very good sign!
>
> We're running 1.1.4 in production on one machine, and have tried
> 1.1.5. and 1.1.6 in our test environment... all three still
> sometimes have the "next message unexpectedly lost" error logged.
> This happens only for Outlook users, and corresponds to the user
> seeing a message with no subject or body in Outlook's list.

I've finally managed to reproduce this with my own mails a few days
ago. Now I'd just need to figure out what exactly is causing it and
fix it.

> Other clients see the message fine. Effective workarounds:
>
> 1. Delete index files.
> 2. Have the user use a client such as Pine to "bounce" the message,
> or reply to it, or etc. After this Outlook can display it. We've
> sort of inferred that this is due to the fact that it's technically
> a "new" message now, as it is rewritten to add the appropriate
> header fields.

3. Don't use mbox. :)

Although I thought this error was transparent to users. I get it every
few days and haven't really noticed any problems because of it. Wonder
what Outlook sees that causes it to break.