[Dovecot] dovecot >1.1.3 + antispam plugin issues

Marcin Rzepecki marcinrz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 16:03:50 EET 2008

Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 08:28:54PM +0100, Jakob Curdes wrote:
> HMMM. Same here. DC 1.1.5 with mbox.

As I said it affects DC>=1.1.3

> Oops, and I tried half of last night to get the mail backend working ...

I know something about that ;)

>> Commenting out following code in mbox_read_from_line function (in
>> src/lib-storage/index/mbox/istream-raw-mbox.c) helped and plugin was
>> [...]
> So that's code from dovecot itself. If that really helped (did you check
> that the messages really were trained by dspam?) there is some problem
> between the antispam plugin and the main code. But I think the part you
> commented out is only the end of the story. Can it be that there is some
> counting problem when the plugin looks for the inserted message? Timo?

Yes, after patching it works good and trains dspam correctly.
No i'm still using it with 1.1.3,
I've tried to debug newer versions but without success. After commenting
this piece of code, dovecot seems to totally ignore plugin when moving
messages between Inbox/SPAM ;)

>> Now, with versions >1.1.3 this won't helps and plugin fails.
> Duh, at leas I could downgrade to 1.1.3 and get it working  - probably a
> bad idea though.

For me this is the only solution at now. Antispam plugin is very
helpfull, so I cannot upgrade without it.

Greets,
--
Marcin Rzepecki
marcinrz(at)gmail.com