[Dovecot] Sieve and global scripts

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Fri Nov 28 19:33:28 EET 2008

Andrés Yacopino schreef:
> Hi Stephan I will love this feature too.
>
> Allan, could you give some example of your wrapper.
> Thanks,
It is on my TODO list. However, doing this correctly is not as trivial
as it may seem. There are a few semantical issues to resolve. For
instance: should subsequent scripts be called if the one of the earlier
ones execute discard? For instance, when a global script throws away the
message, why execute the user's script (risking that it inadvertently
restores the message)? Jutta Degener took some effort to describe a good
way of handling multiple scripts
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-degener-sieve-multiscript-00.txt), but
this draft document has been stale for quite a while now. Note that the
behavior described in that document is completely different from
executing multiple scripts in succession using the include extension.

I intend to implement it largely as specified in the multiscript
document. But even if I implement it to the letter, the necessary
changes needed in the interpreter are also not trivial.

This feature request has a relatively high priority. But first I need to
match cmusieve's functionality (i.e. implement enotify:mailto) and
finish all features that are now supported. There are quite a few bits
and pieces that need more work.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch