[Dovecot] Backing Up

Calvin Gordon calvin.gordon at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 30 15:30:39 EET 2008

I use the tar/bzip method, and have been wondering about the rsync.  All
my users have system accounts on the dovecot server, and use Maildir
format.  If i rsync the mail to another box where the users do not have
system accounts, will the ownerships/ permissions etc. be goofed up ?

Correctly, or incorrectly, I've been using tar to preserve all that
information.

Cal Gordon