[Dovecot] Virtual users, postfix and dovecot deliver LDA

Petri Asikainen paca at sci.fi
Mon Sep 1 07:51:01 EEST 2008

Thanks, Now I'm starting to get it. but cant get ldap userdb working.
First I was using static userdb (Stubid me ... ;)

I added dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf and it's in auth default, but now
it does lookup users at all. Account that I try to use to bind ldap is
working with postfix. Theres probably something wrong with my static
attributes syntax.

## dovecot.conf: (part of it)

auth default {

passdb ldap {
     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
   }

   userdb ldap {
     args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf
   }

## new dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf
hosts = 172.16.0.2
base = ou=Oppilaitokset,dc=domain,dc=local
ldap_version = 3
dn = ad_postfix at domain.local
user_attrs = sAMAccountName=user,=home=/var/spool/vmail/%u,=gid=12,=uid=1001

## and in dovedot-ldap.conf
hosts = 172.16.0.2
base = ou=Oppilaitokset,dc=domain,dc=local
ldap_version = 3
auth_bind = yes
auth_bind_userdn = domain\%u