[Dovecot] Virtual users, postfix and dovecot deliver LDA

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 1 08:20:24 EEST 2008

On Sep 1, 2008, at 7:51 AM, Petri Asikainen wrote:

> I added dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf and it's in auth default, but now
> it does lookup users at all. Account that I try to use to bind ldap is
> working with postfix. Theres probably something wrong with my static
> attributes syntax.

You would be able to use the same dovecot-ldap.conf for both also.

> ## new dovecot-ldap-userdb.conf
> hosts = 172.16.0.2
> base = ou=Oppilaitokset,dc=domain,dc=local
> ldap_version = 3
> dn = ad_postfix at domain.local
> user_attrs = sAMAccountName=user,=home=/var/spool/vmail/
> %u,=gid=12,=uid=1001

The =gid=12 and =uid=1001 could be replaced with mail_gid and mail_uid
settings in dovecot.conf. But those shouldn't break anything.

Hmm. Oh, right. The sAMAccountName=user does actually nothing with
deliver. That's kind of a bug I should probably fix.. You could
instead do something like:

user_attrs = sAMAccountName=home=/var/spool/vmail/%$

And then use mail_location = %h