[Dovecot] Stumped on adding X-Header...

Brian Hayden bhayden at umn.edu
Wed Sep 3 23:49:02 EEST 2008

Recently I posted about wanting to add an x-header recording a timestamp
for changing the \Deleted flag, for purposes of doing expiry on mbox
mailboxes. Timo replied:

> Be sure to add it to mbox_hide_headers[] and mbox_save_drop_headers[]
> arrays in mbox-storage.c and hope that it doesn't exist in any of your
> existing mails. :) Other than that there shouldn't be problems.

I looked at the two places where X-Status was being written--mbox-save.c
and mbox-sync-update.c--and tried adding this header. It didn't work. To
test my sanity, I changed the string 'X-Status' in each of these to
something else.

The mbox file still ended up with 'X-Status' written in it, and I can't for
the life of me find any other code that might write that string. Timo?
Anyone?

--
Brian Hayden
UMN OIT Internet Services