[Dovecot] Error starting dovecot

Diego Ledesma diegofl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 18:46:21 EEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:

>>> This is entirely too old... upgrade.
>
>> I did an apt-get update before installing Dovecot.
>> Do you know what should i do to upgrade Dovecot?
>
> Use backports?
>
> --
>
> Best regards,
>
> Charles

Ok. I did apt-get install dovecot and it says that i have the most
recient version of Dovecot??
I know that recient versions of my linux system come with recient
versions of postfix and Dovecot.
Would i break something if i try to install those versions on my linux version?

I will try the backports approach...
Thanks..