[Dovecot] Error starting dovecot

Diego Ledesma diegofl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 19:09:13 EEST 2008

On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:46 PM, Diego Ledesma <diegofl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Charles Marcus
> <CMarcus at media-brokers.com> wrote:

>>> I did an apt-get update before installing Dovecot.
>>> Do you know what should i do to upgrade Dovecot?
>>
>> Use backports?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>
> Ok. I did apt-get install dovecot and it says that i have the most
> recient version of Dovecot??
> I know that recient versions of my linux system come with recient
> versions of postfix and Dovecot.
> Would i break something if i try to install those versions on my linux version?
>
> I will try the backports approach...
> Thanks..

Bad news for me... fesity-backports doesn't have a more recient
version of dovecot than the one i have installed...
Before starting this thread i googled for this issue and one person
said that he installed dovecot imap server (although he, as i do, only
needed dovecot-auth) and the error went away.
I will try this and see what happens... hope it doesn't break
something with my courier imap that's running on the server...