[Dovecot] error in 1.1.2

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 10 21:38:19 EEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-09-10 at 09:42 +0200, Cor Bosman wrote:
> > > Neither can i..
> > >
> > > As a test I set 1 server up with local FS again, but with NFS=yes and
> > > mmap/fsync etc as if it's nfs index, and im getting the same errors.
> >
> > So you can reproduce it easily with imaptest? Could you post your
> > dovecot -n output so I could see if I can reproduce it on my FreeBSD
> > installation?
>
> No, i cant reproduce it at all with imaptest, thats why i said 'neither can i'.

Yes, but the next sentence said you got the errors with a test
server. :)

> I get enough of em from customers that i can wait for it though. But i can
> never predict who gets one. Ive been trying to find a customer that can
> reproduce it, but so far no luck. Our helpdesk has called some people and
> they say it usually works fine again if they try again, but then sometimes
> a day later they get the same problem on a different mail. It usually happens
> when they delete a file and it gets copied to the trash.
>
> Any specific commands I should try with imaptest?

Since it's copying related, try running two instances of imaptest where
one copies messages and another runs on the destination box:

./imaptest logout=0 copy=100 copybox=Trash
./imaptest box=Trash append=0

> Still need dovecot -n?

I guess it could still show something useful. :)