[Dovecot] Corrected permissions for login directory message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Sep 13 13:47:51 EEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-12 at 09:47 +0200, Nicolas Letellier wrote:
> > Warning: Corrected permissions for login
> > directory /var/run/dovecot/login
> >
> > See the permissions:
> > ls -l /var/rundrwxr-xr-x  3 root   wheel      512 Sep 11 15:42 dovecot

This doesn't change.

> > drwxr-x---  2 root     dovecot-auth  512 Sep 11 15:42 login

The warning is only about this directory. Does it complain about it
every single time you start Dovecot? Do the permissions change or are
they the same before/after startup?

> I need help.
> I *always* this warn message when I start dovecot.

It's not a real problem even if you can't solve this..

> I tested many owners/groups, and the warning is always here.

The correct permissions are those that you see after startup.