[Dovecot] rejecting mail due to quota exceeded

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Wed Sep 17 13:42:40 EEST 2008

also sprach Ulrich Zehl <ulrich-dovecot at topfen.net> [2008.09.17.1031 +0100]:
> To exit with EX_TEMPFAIL instead of sending a rejection message,
> use deliver's -e flag and the following dovecot.conf snippet,
> taken straight from our mail server.

Now I also found it on the wiki, and it works... well, I don't know
exactly what quota_full_tempfail does, because deliver now exits
with 77, but since I am calling it from procmail anyway, I now just
do:

  :0 w
  |/usr/bin/env HOME=$HOME $DELIVER -d $RECIPIENT -e

  :0 e
  {
    EXITCODE=75
    LOG="LDA failed with exit code $? for $RECIPIENT"
    HOST
  }

and that works, although I will need to polish the output a bit.

Thanks a lot,

"a woman begins by resisting a man's advances and ends by blocking
 his retreat."
                                                        -- oscar wilde

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net