[Dovecot] Expire with space in mailbox name

Jeff Savage savagej at axp.flcc.edu
Wed Sep 17 16:44:20 EEST 2008

Hello all,

I'm running Dovecot 1.1.3 and trying to make use of the expire plugin on my
mbox-based mailboxes. Expire seems to be populating the database when it
comes to the trash folder, but I'm having issues with a spam folder
(unfortunately) named "Junk E-mail". I've tried quotes and a backslash to
account for the space, but it's not happening. Can anyone tell me how I
would account for a folder like this? Neither of the following work, and I
haven't found an example that addresses this.

expire = Trash 7 "Junk E-mail" 7
expire = Trash 7 Junk\ E-mail 7

Thanks in advance.