[Dovecot] Using deliver with postfix

Rich Winkel rich at math.missouri.edu
Fri Sep 19 02:57:15 EEST 2008

Hi, I'm trying to set up dovecot 1.1.2 and postfix 2.5.4 on freebsd 7.0.
I'm getting permissions problems on auth-master and I'm not sure of the
correct settings to use.

In postfix's main.cf I have
mailbox_command=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d $USER

In dovecot.conf I have:
socket listen {
   master {
         path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
         mode = 0660
         user = dovecot
         group = postfix
   }

# ls -l /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
srw-rw----  1 dovecot  postfix  0 Sep 18 18:26 /var/run/dovecot/auth-master=

In maillog I'm getting:
deliver(sumbuddy): Can't connect to auth server at /var/run/dovecot//auth-master: Permission denied
(I'm not sure where it's getting the "//" in the path either ...)

Also I'm confused about whether I need the postfix options:
maildrop_destination_recipient_limit=1
dovecot_destination_concurrency_limit=1
or even whether these are current options in my version of postfix (they don't
appear in main.cf.default)
Does deliver require such limits on concurrency or # of recipients?

Thanks!!
Rich