[Dovecot] Mailbox consistency with multiple clients

Yates Ian Mr (ITCS) I.Yates at uea.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 10:24:22 EEST 2008

I'm confused by this as well.

Additionally with 1.1.3 we were getting lots of reports of people
deleting/moving items from their inbox and the items remaining in the
inbox?!  Also read items not being marked as read.  Both of these are
from squirrelmail, which as you say should be impossible as squirrelmail
logs in, performs the operation and logs out.

We aren't using any kind of IMAP proxy.

We are using the dovecot index files.

As I said before, this was not a problem when we were using dovecot
1.0.8.  In an effort to resolve this I will be downgrading to 1.0.8 this
morning, I'll let you know if this sorts out the problems!

I.