[Dovecot] Can't move mail items to Inbox

Phillip Smith fukawi2 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 12:20:21 EEST 2008

Hi all,

Trying to setup Postfix / Dovecot / Fetchmail to collect all my mail
centrally on my home server and serve it out by IMAP. Everything is working,
using Maildir format except I can't move mail from a sub-folder to my Inbox.

Example: I send a test message to myself. It gets picked up by fetchmail,
and delivered to /home/user/Maildir/new by postfix. Dovecot serves that out
to my client. I can then move that message from the Inbox to a subfolder,
but then I can't move it back to the Inbox. I don't get any error messages
or anything - it just doesn't happen :(

Any help and advice would be great.

root ~ # dovecot -n
# 1.1.3: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
listen: 192.168.31.3
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /usr/var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_greeting: Dovecot server.local READY
login_max_processes_count: 8
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
auth default:
  passdb: