[Dovecot] [Dovecot 1.1.3] Strange problem with attachment download

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Sep 24 20:06:08 EEST 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 12:50 PM, Thomas Gropp wrote:

> "dovecot: Fatal: IMAP(<username>): io_loop_handle_add: epoll_ctl(1,
> 1): File exists" (which file??)

epoll_ctl(2):

        EEXIST op  was  EPOLL_CTL_ADD,  and  the supplied file
descriptor fd is
               already in epfd.

I don't really know why that would happen though. The code shouldn't
be adding the same fd twice.

> Im using a (very) old SuSE 9.0 installation with ext2.

Perhaps it's a bug in an older kernel. Try configuring Dovecot without
epoll:

./configure --with-ioloop=poll