[Dovecot] dovecot 1.2.alpha1 quota dict driver mysql broken

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Sep 24 22:53:00 EEST 2008

Timo Sirainen schrieb:
> On Sep 24, 2008, at 7:50 PM, Robert Schetterer wrote:
>
>> etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
>> driver = mysql
> ..
>> worked with 1.1.3
>
> Really? I don't think there was such a setting in v1.1 either, since the
> driver is taken from the dict line in dovecot.conf.
>
> Anyway, besides the problem with this setting the dict configuration was
> rewritten in v1.2. See doc/dovecot-dict-sql-example.conf

hm, it did worked, but perhaps it was my fault
during upgrading
or it was ignored before

the wikis says

Example dovecot-dict-quota.conf:

connect = host=localhost dbname=mails user=sqluser password=sqlpass
table = quota
select_field = current
where_field = path
username_field = username

now i am having

connect = host=localhost dbname=postfix user=postfix password=.....
table = quota
select_field = current
where_field = path
username_field = username

with new log failure

Sep 24 21:40:58 Error: dict: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf line 2: Unknown setting: table
dovecot: Sep 24 21:40:58 Error: dict: Failed to initialize dictionary
'quotadict'
dovecot: Sep 24 21:40:58 Error: IMAP(robert at schetterer.com):
read(/var/run/dovecot/dict-server) failed: Remote disconnected
dovecot: Sep 24 21:41:06 Warning: Killed with signal 15

seems strange > Unknown setting: table ???

dovecot.conf

dict {
   quotadict = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}

quota = dict:::proxy::quotadict

--
Best Regards