[Dovecot] Quota exceeded message

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Sep 26 16:11:40 EEST 2008

I just realized that "quota" word probably doesn't mean much to many
non-native english speakers. Do even non-technical native speakers
understand what "Quota exceeded" really means?

It's sent by quota plugin, currently in two different situations:

1) To the user doing the operation via IMAP COPY/APPEND.
2) More importantly: If deliver rejects the mail, it's sent to the
sender.

Here are some ideas for improvements:

"Mail storage disk quota exceeded"
"User's mail storage disk quota exceeded"
"Quota exceeded - not enough disk storage capasity for the user"

Any better ideas? I think it should mention "quota" word in any case
so that people who understand it would know immediately what the error
message is about.

The current code doesn't allow cleanly using separate messages for 1)
and 2), so I'd prefer to use the same one. But if you've a great
suggestion for them separately I could do it.