[Dovecot] client certs with godaddy ssl cert

Harondel J. Sibble help at pdscc.com
Mon Sep 29 01:46:42 EEST 2008

On 27 Sep 2008 at 13:22, mouss wrote:

> if you have a commercial cert, you don't need a self signed cert. self
> signed certs are for people who don't want to get a cert signed by a 3d
> party (commercial or other). For email, you generally don't need a
> commercial certificate because your users know you and you know them,
> and because users don't connect to thousand imap servers.

Huh? I am looking to implement client side certificates which have to be
installed on the end user device before they are able to connect to my
mailserver.

I already have a commercial cert on the mailserver so that's a moot point.
Secondly a client cert allows me to verify that the device connecting is
allowed, this is secondary to any login info the user may have, ie 2 factor
authentication, something you know (uid/password) and something you have
(certificate).
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting