[Dovecot] Global Recipe Location

James Butler jbutler at thebestdefense.com
Sat Apr 4 00:54:10 EEST 2009

Hmmm. I'm having difficulty finding a good place for a global Sieve script.

The problem seems to be related to saving the compiled version
(xxx.svbin.tmp) in the same location as the script (xxx.sieve), which
happens using the credentials of the recipient user.

i.e.

drwxr-xr-x dovecoter dovecoter /scripts
-rw-r--r-- dovecoter dovecoter /scripts/global.sieve
-rw------- recipient USERGROUP /scripts/global.svbin.tmp

Where should I be storing a global script that will process all incoming
mail, and is not user-specific? Also, I would love some suggestions
regarding how the permissions should be set, or anything that would make
this work as expected.

(Also, is there any documentation available regarding this type of thing?)

Thanks.

James