[Dovecot] Indexing of mails to speed up the IMAP SEARCH command

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Wed Apr 8 22:09:19 EEST 2009

Hi all,

I use a local dovecot server which is synchronized with my two imap
accounts using OfflineIMAP.  This works very nice and is highly usable.

But one thing I'd like to improve is the slow IMAP search.  When I
search for a string in the subjects of all messages in a mailbox using
some mail client, dovecot seems to grep all the messages in there.

Is there a way to let dovecot index more informations which are then
used to speed up the SEARCH command?

Bye,
Tassilo