[Dovecot] auth-master: Permission denied [sigh]

James Butler jbutler at thebestdefense.com
Wed Apr 15 01:03:19 EEST 2009

Please take a look at my post from 1:05PM today with all of my
configuration information. Is the problem being caused by something there?
I have been working on this for over two weeks, and I have no idea what's
what, anymore.

Now I DO understand that it's either setuid-root deliver and use -d from
the pipe or do not use setuid-root deliver or -d or a pipe.

As it is, there is no other mechanism that I can think of to include an
anti-spam program in the mail delivery stream. And I haven't even gotten
started trying to include an anti-virus program! (I'm assuming that, too,
will require a pipe.)

If there is a setup guide for running Postfix+Spamassassin+Dovecot that
does not require a pipe, I would be MORE than grateful to learn its
location. I have yet to discover one. Even within the config files and
docs there are no examples of piping to deliver from Spamassassin, which
seems a little unusual, considering the popularity of Spamassassin.

James