[Dovecot] auth-master: Permission denied [sigh]

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Apr 15 01:06:35 EEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 07:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Perhaps you shouldn't be using the pipe at all. Maybe you should just
> put the command to mailbox_command and have it do all the work? Then
> there's no need to worry about things like setuid-roots or whatever.

Given what his conf showed before he's using local users only, so your
right, he'd be better off using something
like   mailbox_command = /path/to/procmail  ... and let procmail deal
with SA and be done with it.

If he wants advanced he needs to be using MailScanner or amavisd-new,
but I think they're overkill for what he wants,  so procmail would be
better suited.

Noel
(not related to James)