[Dovecot] Quota not being dispayed correctly in 1.2rc2 (with proof)

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Mon Apr 20 15:46:57 EEST 2009

* Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de>:

> > Further investigation showed that his maildirsize file doesn't get
> > updated at all.
> > I set him several short mails, yet the output of
> >
> > % wc Maildir/maildirsize
> > 206  411 1775 Maildir/maildirsize
> >
> > stays the same
> >
> > I then truncated his Maildir/maildirsize to one line and after that it
> > would accept changes again (it gets appended to)
>
> Now I sent him lots of tiny mails,, and his Maildir/maildirsize grows
> up until we reach:
>
> # wc Maildir/maildirsize
>  853 1705 5123 Maildir/maildirsize
>
> and that's it. After that, nothing happens. Mail gets delivered OK,
> but now recalculation takes place. Maildir/maildirsize does neither
> grow nor shrink.

I had a look around and found some more:
postamt:/home# find . -mindepth 5 -maxdepth 5 -name maildirsize -size +5k
./l/l/llxxzner/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/d/ldxxbrit/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/w/lwxxnski/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/i/lix/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/i/lixxe/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/h/lhxx/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/n/lnxxb/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/g/lgxxaf/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/g/lgxxnthe/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/g/lgxxten/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/k/lkxxhler/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/o/loxx/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/s/lsxxzepa/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/s/lsxxlter/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/e/lexxelha/Maildir/maildirsize
./l/e/lexxegel/Maildir/maildirsize

Ralf Hildebrandt
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
http://www.computerbeschimpfung.de
NT: Insert wallet into drive A: and press any key to empty.