[Dovecot] 1.1.13 squat core dump

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Tue Apr 21 19:34:43 EEST 2009

Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Did you happen to get a core dump? gdb backtrace would be helpful:
> http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

The backtrace was in the email. Check the pastebin link:

http://pastebin.com/f7aa8bb5

> BTW. Has Squat been useful for you? I've noticed that with my very
> very old Sun box it typically takes longer to update the indexes (even
> for few mails) than to just perform the search unindexed. The
> algorithm really could be made better..

I have noticed that updating the index for new mail is pretty slow. I
wouldn't say it's slower than the search without it though. It's useful
when you have a couple thousand emails and want to do multiple searches
because each successive search is fast. We're actually running it on our
Sun boxes in preparation for running it on faster linux boxes though, so
I'm not to worried.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu