[Dovecot] Scalability plans: Abstract out filesystem and make it someone else's problem

Wed Aug 12 22:26:56 EEST 2009

On 8/12/2009, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> Do you need per-MIME part single instance storage, or would per-email be
> enough? Since the per-email can already done with hard links.

Our users are constantly in-line forwarding the same emails with (20+MB)
attachment(s) to different people, but completely altering the body
content, so we would definitely need per mime-part, since only the large
binary attachments would be identical.

So, I would also regard this as a miracle (dunno about biblical
proportions, but close), as long as it applies server wide - ie, all
domains hosted by one particular dovecot instance.

--

Best regards,

Charles