[Dovecot] Scalability plans: Abstract out filesystem and make it someone else's problem

Thu Aug 13 15:15:14 EEST 2009

On 8/12/2009 4:02 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>>> Do you need per-MIME part single instance storage, or would per-email be
>>> enough? Since the per-email can already done with hard links.

>> The only thing I can find about this on the wiki is where it says single
>> instance attachment storage (for dbox) is planned. Is how to accomplish
>> single instance email storage documented anywhere? And is this reliable
>> enough to use on a production system?

> Two possible ways:

Heh... ok, so when you said 'it is possible', you didn't mean dovecot
has native support for it...

Sadly, since ianap, I will have to wait for something that is officially
supported... but thanks for the explanation.

--

Best regards,

Charles