[Dovecot] Quota question.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Aug 13 17:31:22 EEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to get quota working properly on dovecot 1.2.3 with postfix admin,
amavisd-new, mysql, and postfix.

So far I can see the db getting updated when messages are added and deleted
from the mailbox. The problem I am having is that I have imported a bunch of
messages from the old mail server that was running uw-imap and mbox to the
doevcot machine using maildir++. As a result the quotas used only reflects
what has been added and deleted since the import was done.

What is the proper way to get the quota in the database to reflect what is
actually in the users mailbox?

Google and the wiki have not been helpful to me in figuring this out.

I do not really think this is a config problem but in case it is below is the
output of dovecot-n:
(vfoggy pts7) # dovecot -n
# 1.2.3: /etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-128.4.1.el5xen x86_64 CentOS release 5.3 (Final)
protocols: imap imaps pop3 pop3sa managesieve
listen: *
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3-login
login_executable(managesieve): /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login
first_valid_uid: 512
last_valid_uid: 512
first_valid_gid: 512
last_valid_gid: 512
mail_location: maildir:~/
mail_executable(default): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(pop3): /usr/libexec/dovecot/pop3
mail_executable(managesieve): /usr/libexec/dovecot/managesieve
mail_plugins(default): quota
mail_plugins(imap): quota
mail_plugins(pop3): quota
mail_plugins(managesieve):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(pop3): /usr/lib64/dovecot/pop3
mail_plugin_dir(managesieve): /usr/lib64/dovecot/managesieve
imap_client_workarounds(default): outlook-idle delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(imap): outlook-idle delay-newmail
imap_client_workarounds(pop3):
imap_client_workarounds(managesieve):
pop3_client_workarounds(default):
pop3_client_workarounds(imap):
pop3_client_workarounds(pop3): outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
pop3_client_workarounds(managesieve):
lda:
   postmaster_address: postmaster at tntechs.com
   mail_plugins: sieve quota
auth default:
   mechanisms: plain login
   user: nobody
   worker_max_count: 50
   passdb:
     driver: sql
     args: /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
   userdb:
     driver: static
     args: uid=512 gid=512 home=/var/spool/vmail/domains/%d/%n
   userdb:
     driver: sql
     args: /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
   socket:
     type: listen
     client:
       path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
       mode: 432
       user: postfix
       group: vmail
     master:
       path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
       mode: 432
       user: vmail
       group: vmail
plugin:
   quota: dict:user::proxy::quotadict
   sieve: ~/.dovecot.sieve
   sieve_storage: ~/sieve
   acl: vfile:/etc/dovecot/acls
   trash: /etc/dovecot/trash.conf
dict:
   quotadict: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
(vfoggy pts7) #

In addition below is what I have in dovecot-dict-quota.conf:

map {
   pattern = priv/quota/storage
   table = quota
   username_field = username