[Dovecot] Quota question.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 14 03:51:33 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 10:31 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
> What is the proper way to get the quota in the database to reflect what is
> actually in the users mailbox?
..
>    quota: dict:user::proxy::quotadict
..
>    quotadict: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf

You should be able to just delete the user's quota row from SQL and then
log in as the user and issue "GETQUOTAROOT INBOX" command. That should
recalculate the quota, and in my tests a few days ago it did. But some
other guy said that he couldn't get it to work.. So, let me know if
there is a problem.

Actually it should be possible to just delete the row and let Dovecot
recalculate the quota on next update, but currently this isn't working.
I've a half-finished patch to make it work, but it's a pretty big
change. v1.2.4 anyway hopefully has it.