[Dovecot] GSSAPI Authentication in v1.2.1

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 13 20:34:12 EEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 17:55 +1000, Phillip Macey wrote:
> On 8/08/2009 2:50 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > Does it help if you increase
> >
> > #define LOGIN_MAX_INBUF_SIZE 4096
> >
> > to e.g. 8192 in src/login-common/client-common.h?
> I also needed to change  src/master/master-login-interface.h
> #define MASTER_LOGIN_MAX_DATA_SIZE (8192*2)

What do you mean by "needed to"? Was the auth still failing without that
change? I don't think it should..

> Out of interest, what sort of stuff gets stored in this buffer? Would it
> be where dovecot stores a users kerberos tickets?

LOGIN_MAX_INBUF_SIZE is just the max. size of data that can be kept in
memory that comes from client. The limit you were probably reaching was
in AUTHENTICATE command when your client was sending Kerberos response.

MASTER_LOGIN_MAX_DATA_SIZE is only about sending data to imap process
that was already read from client by imap-login process. There are no
Kerberos tickets or anything stored there. Usually it needs only a
couple of bytes to transfer the IMAP login command tag. So I've no idea
why it would need to be that large with you.