[Dovecot] Quota question.

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Fri Aug 14 15:12:56 EEST 2009

Hi Timo,

Thanks for the reply.

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 10:31 -0400, Tom Diehl wrote:
>> What is the proper way to get the quota in the database to reflect what is
>> actually in the users mailbox?
> ..
>>    quota: dict:user::proxy::quotadict
> ..
>>    quotadict: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
>
> You should be able to just delete the user's quota row from SQL and then
> log in as the user and issue "GETQUOTAROOT INBOX" command. That should
> recalculate the quota, and in my tests a few days ago it did. But some
> other guy said that he couldn't get it to work.. So, let me know if
> there is a problem.

I tried issuing the "GETQUOTAROOT INBOX" command from a telnet session but
it would seem I am doing something wrong. Below is the telnet session:

(vfoggy pts3) # telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Dovecot ready.
1 login myusername at mydomain.com my_passwd
1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE SORT THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT IDLE CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH] Logged in
2 GETQUOTAROOT INBOX
2 BAD Error in IMAP command GETQUOTAROOT: Unknown command.
3 logout
* BYE Logging out
3 OK Logout completed.
Connection closed by foreign host.
(vfoggy pts3) #

With debugging turned on I see the following in the logs when I login:

Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): Loading modules from directory: /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap
Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): Module loaded: /usr/lib64/dovecot/imap/lib10_quota_plugin.so
Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): Effective uid=512, gid=512, home=/var/spool/vmail/domains/mydomain.com/myusername
Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): Quota root: name=user backend=dict args=:proxy::quotadict
Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): dict quota: user=myusername at mydomain.com, uri=proxy::quotadict, noenforcing=0
Aug 14 08:02:20 vfoggy dovecot: IMAP(myusername at mydomain.com): maildir: data=~/

When I issue the GETQUOTAROOT command there is nothing logged.

I did this before I deleted the row in SQL so that I could see what it returned
but I suspect that would not make it return "Unknown command".

What am I missing?

Regards,

--
Tom Diehl       tdiehl at rogueind.com      Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com