[Dovecot] dovecot auth is case insensitive, but fs is sensitive :)

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Wed Aug 19 16:31:39 EEST 2009

Actually that isn't the issue. The issue is like one I had with ldap,
till I modified it to be case sensitive. And that is, atleast in my
old pre-1.0 version of dovecot, it would authenicate the user with
mixed or uppercase letters, then use that username for the mailpath.

Since the mailpath is case sensitive, it would respond to the user
saying they have no email, cause the path isn't found. But in reality
they have email, in the all lower case letter version of their username.

My fix was to adjust the ldap schema to have case sensitivty, and then
add for user idiot proofing, force usernames to lowercase in horde.