[Dovecot] SASL Dovecot, Active Directory, LDAP

Gilles Albusac gilles.albusac at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 20 18:59:09 EEST 2009

My configuration :
  - a smtp server with Postfix 2.6 and Dovcot 1.1.11.
  - a windows 2003 server with active directory for accounts and boxes

I would like to use SMTP / SASL on my postfix 2.6 to authenticate my remote laptop users (allow legitimate users to relay mail).

To do that, I need to use SASL Dovecot fonctionnality and ldap request.

How to configure Dovecot to enable SMTP/SASL and verify login/password who are declared on a second server in Windows 2003 (Active Directory).

Regards