[Dovecot] quota-dirsize and mailbox rules

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 24 20:41:14 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 16:05 +0300, Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:
> I noticed that the dirsize backend for quota didn't support any rules
> and figured it should be easy enough to add ``ignore'' at least.
> Using mbox storage and only tested with that, but it seems to work as
> expected for the time being.
> I'm attaching a relatively small patch for quota-dirsize.c against
> dovecot-1.1.18 just in case anyone's interested.

The only problem with that is that it should be checking the full
mailbox name instead of just the file name. So there are two issues
here:

1. If you're ignoring "foo/bar", your patch currently looks up only to
see if "bar" is ignored.

2. Namespace prefixes need to be used. So for example if you're using
namespace { prefix = INBOX/ } and you see a file "foo", you should look
for rule "INBOX/foo".