[Dovecot] libvpopmail.so

Noris Luigi gigi at strem.it
Fri Aug 21 18:08:31 EEST 2009

hello,

I have qmail with vpopmail configured with 2 domains configured. the
pop3 service is granted with vpopmail and the authentication function.
I need imap for access to mailboxes in maildir format and courier do
not support anymore vpopmail. i have find dovecot from a link on the
inter7 site.
I have downloaded, compiled and configured. when i start dovecot i
recevei always this error in maillog file:

Aug 21 16:54:48 mailx2 dovecot: Dovecot v1.2.4 starting up (core dumps disabled)
Aug 21 16:54:48 mailx2 dovecot: auth(default): dovecot-auth: error
while loading shared libraries: libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
Aug 21 16:54:48 mailx2 dovecot: dovecot: child 22664 (auth) returned error 127
Aug 21 16:54:48 mailx2 dovecot: dovecot: Fatal: Auth process died too
early - shutting down

I do not undestand if there is a place where can i put libvpopmail.so
manually, or specify the position of this file becaust the file exist
and is normally in /home/vpopmail/lib/ and accessible in read from
all.
under there is my configuration.

thx in adv

GG

my configuration:

root at mailx2:/usr/local/src/qmail/dovecot-1.2.4# dovecot -n
# 1.2.4: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.27.7-smp i686 Slackware 12.2.0
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
protocols: imap
ssl: no
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
first_valid_uid: 89
last_valid_uid: 89
first_valid_gid: 89
last_valid_gid: 89