[Dovecot] libvpopmail.so

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Aug 24 20:44:13 EEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 17:08 +0200, Noris Luigi wrote:
> while loading shared libraries: libvpopmail.so: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> I do not undestand if there is a place where can i put libvpopmail.so
> manually, or specify the position of this file becaust the file exist
> and is normally in /home/vpopmail/lib/ and accessible in read from
> all.
> under there is my configuration.

3 possibilities:

a) Use LDFLAGS='-R/home/vpopmail/lib' ./configure .. when configuring
Dovecot. (At least I think that should work, or maybe I'm thinking of
Solaris ld, since I've usually done it only on Solaris.)

b) Add /home/vpopmail/lib/ to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.

c) Copy or symlink the libvpopmail.so to some path that already exists
in /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.