[Dovecot] Quick and dirty server optimized for IMAP upload speed?

Mon Aug 31 13:17:33 EEST 2009

On 8/30/2009 11:34 PM, Adam McDougall wrote:
>>> The two biggest real bottlenecks:
>>> - Thunderbird is just slow at uploading to IMAP. With a bunch of
>>> small msgs it only does a few per second and you can tell the server is
>>> waiting for something to do.

>> Did you try TBird 3.0b3? It has many, many IMAP improvements...

> Wow it sure is faster at uploading, thanks for mentioning it!

Any chance you can follow-up with some comparisons, even if they are
rough guesstimates on your part?

Some of  the other fixes include not downloading attachments every time
you click on a message, allowing you to store messages offline 'on
demand' (as you click on them), as opposed to forcing you to download an
entire folder, controls for people with limited bandwidth and/or
storage, etc...

There are some things I really don't like about the UI, and none of my
extensions I need work, so I don't use it yet for anything other than
occasional testing, but I'm really looking forward to the release and
some maturity...

It combined with dovecot will provide a really most excellent imap
experience. :)

--

Best regards,

Charles