[Dovecot] Can't receive mail from outside

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Thu Dec 3 06:06:53 EET 2009

On ons 02 dec 2009 23:37:23 CET, Jerry wrote
>> This is a dovecot mailing list and not Postfix :)
>> Whithout digging deeper into your configuration: I miss a regular
>> smtpd service in master.cf or are you forcing everyone to use smtps
>> if they want to communicate with you?

PS: steve you have more or less a "postconf -d" main.cf with few changes ?

to solve this:

postconf -d >main.cf.default
postconf -n >main.cf.changed
diff -u main.cf.default main.cf.changed >main.cf.patch

if the patch is over 100 lines, then start with a empty main.cf now

if less then 100 lines, keep the +lines in main.cf and delete lines
that match elsewhere

and only add lines to main.cf that need to be changed from what
postconf -d gives

> You should post the output of "postconf -n", not the entire file.

common error

> The default setting in master.cf for receiving is:
>
> smtp      inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> submission inet n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
>   -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
>   -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
>   -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
>   -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
> #smtps     inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
> #  -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
> #  -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
> #  -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
> #  -o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
>
> You should NOT be using the depreciated SMTPS port. The submission
> port(587) is the preferred method. What version of Postfix are you
> using anyway?

google postfinger and if more help is needed show this output from postfinger

--
xpoint