[Dovecot] Dovecot Deliver CPU usage

Thu Dec 3 15:07:17 EET 2009

On 12/3/2009, Jerry (gesbbb at yahoo.com) wrote:
>> Don't do that, it wastes time and breaks archives (when the pastebin
>> file goes away.
>>
>> Just paste it in the email body...
>>
>> (yes this is a peeve of mine)

> Which is fine if the contents are of a relatively short length.

Obviously, you can do what you want, but many people will just click
'Delete' on your message if you use this kind of service, so you are
missing out on an unknown amount of help.

> However, if it is a multi-page document, I would much rather use
> 'pastebin' for viewing. Besides, the user can set the relative life
> span of the posted document.
>
> And  yes, this is a pet peeve of mine. Receiving reams of documentation
> in an email, that has not been edited to remove extraneous gibberish,

Trimming replies is always helpful. Thankfully, on most of the better
tech support lists, it is mandated. The postfix list is the best example
of this - and they will tell you the same thing about using pastebin
type services.

> combined with top, bottom and in-line notations.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the top vs bottom posting
argument, so don't know whay you even brought that into it.

Anyway, as I said, do what you want...

--

Best regards,

Charles