[Dovecot] 1.1 -> 1.2 upgrade?

Mark Zealey mark.zealey at webfusion.com
Mon Dec 7 10:26:15 EET 2009

I'm a little confused by the following statement on that page:

If you were using e.g. mail_location = maildir:/var/mail/%h, just change
it to mail_location = maildir:%h and add /var/mail/ prefix to home dirs.

However, looking at the patch
(http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/dd49cf3fd2c9) and a bug report
(http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-July/041151.html) it seems to
be more requiring the mail location path to start with a / ? ie the case
the bug is with something like:

mail_location = maildir:foo/bar/%h

which would cause problems (looking at the patch in previous versions it
would have treated the above as /foo/bar/%h) ?

I'm asking because I'd like to confirm that the following works
correctly on v1.2 (in my tests it seems to):

mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir:INDEX=/var/dovecot/%h

ie putting index's elsewhere (but based on home directory path rather
than the more traditional user/domain)

Thanks,

Mark

Timo Sirainen yazmış: