[Dovecot] outlook 2007 mailbox sort order

Frank Cusack fcusack at fcusack.com
Sat Dec 12 03:57:32 EET 2009

What are people doing to affect the sort order of mailboxes in
outlook?  Apple Mail and MS Outlook similarly suck in that they do
not sort '~' correctly -- mailboxes starting with '~' are first instead
of last.  At least I think this is the fault of the client, since
Mulberry sorts correctly.

At least with Apple Mail I can drag and drop mailboxes into any display
order I like, so at least after the fact it can be "corrected".

I want to provide shared, virtual and lazy_expunge mailboxes.  I'd like
these to be last in the list of mailboxes.  This doesn't seem possible
with Outlook unless I prefix the names with 'zz' or similar.  yuk.

-frank